Tuesday, June 08, 2010

A Cinderella Story - Top 10 Worst Chick Flicks

TIME Magazine came up with a list of the Top 10 Worst Chick Flicks. Hilary's A Cinderella Story made the list:

If it were ever possible to cram all the glittering boy-meets-girl, high-school-love-story stereotypes into one movie, A Cinderella Story does it in spades. The 2004 movie stars Hilary Duff, whose father dies in an earthquake, forcing her to work in a diner for her evil stepmother who keeps her from chasing her college dreams. She meets a boy (Chad Michael Murray) online, but he's in the cool crowd and she doesn't fit in (even though she's beautiful and smart). They agree to meet on the school dance floor, where she wears a mask barely covering her eyes so he magically can't tell who she really is (even though you can see her entire face). Duff's performance in the movie snagged her a Razzie nomination in 2005 for Worst Actress. Did anyone expect anything more?

Source: TIME.

*****************************

Something interesting: As they were bashing the movie they linked to an old interview with Hilary from 2004 when the movie was coming out:

Hilary Duff stars in A Cinderella Story and tours with her sister this summer.

Do you and your sister Haylie wish you were twins so you could make Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen money?

Umm...no.

Why did you quit Lizzie McGuire?

It's not like it was my choice. I was going through what Lizzie was going through--that teenager stage where you don't really know who you are. It was a good thing for me, but I worked my butt off. Everybody made a big deal out of it, like it was this horrible split.

So the rumors that your mom was a stage mom...

I love my mom. I totally look up to her, and she just doesn't let anybody take advantage of me. People might call that a stage mom.

Lindsay Lohan joked about you on Saturday Night Live, and Avril Lavigne called you a mommy's girl. What gives?

Honestly? I couldn't even tell you. With Lindsay Lohan, I don't think she likes me very much. With Avril Lavigne, her CD is in my car right now. You know what I did? I said something I shouldn't have said. I said she should respect her fans more. And then she called me a mommy's girl or a good girl. I don't care. I am a good girl.

Ah, the memories. I had forgot that Haylie opened for Hilary at one point. I wish I had seen one of those shows.