Monday, June 19, 2006

Duff Claims She's a Virgin - Slams New York Times Critic in Elle Magazine Interview

In an interview in the July 2006 issue of Elle Magazine Hilary Duff claimed that she is still a virgin and plans to wait until the right time to have sex. Duff said, "It's harder having a boyfriend who's older because people just assume, but (virginity) is definitely something I like about myself. It doesn't mean I haven't thought about sex, because everyone I know has had it and you want to fit in."

In the same Elle Magazine article Hilary issued a response to New York Times movie critic Stephen Holden, who described her acting as "talent-challenged." Holden has consistently slammed Duff's movies and bashed her performances. Hilary responded, "He doesn't really fit the demographic. So I could really care less. Look at me, and look at where he is - sorry! Would he prefer that I take some super-adult role that is inappropriate so I would have no place to grow? Suppose the next thing I did was this super-edgy independent movie where I was pregnant or shooting up. What would that do to my fan base?"