Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Shenae Grimes talks about Hilary Duff

Canadian actress Shenae Grimes talked about her new role playing Annie Wilson on 90210 and how she was up against Hilary Duff for the part:

"My fingers were crossed and I heard that Hilary Duff had been offered my role. That was certainly a shock to my system and kind of a bummer, but I was like, 'You know what, if I've got to lose out to anybody, someone that's as established as Hilary Duff ain't too shabby. So I'll take it. I made some good connections and whatever will happen, will be.' And a few days later I got what I call the buffer phone call from my agent. He's been giving me them for the past four years, the buffer phone call where he calls and says, 'OK, Shenae, things went real good on this one, but I think it might be time to start looking at other things, start reading other scripts because I don't know how this is going to work out, blah, blah, blah. It's kind of coming down to the wire, so we need to start moving on.' And I'm like, 'Yuuuch, all right. Oh, well. C'est la vie.' I wasn't banking on it too much because it seemed like such an unattainable thing to me. And then 20 minutes later I got a phone call from all of my agents saying, 'Congratulations, Hilary's out, you are in, and you are now Annie on the new 90210.' I was in shock for a good couple of hours."

Source: UGO.