Thursday, August 17, 2006

Material Girls - Now Playing

It is August 18th on the east coast, which means that Material Girls is opening today. I will be seeing the movie this afternoon and I will post my full review tonight. I am really looking forward to seeing Hilary on the big screen again, and am particularly interested to see the chemistry between Hilary and Haylie.

Industry experts are expecting low box office numbers for Material Girls - predicting weekend totals of around $3-4 million. I think it will do slightly better than that and I'm going to predict that it makes $6 million on opening weekend and $20 million overall. These obviously aren't blockbuster numbers, but you have to remember that Material Girls is a low budget, independent type movie. It could still make a profit even if it doesn't set the world on fire at the box office.

I hope everyone reading this goes and sees the movie. Hilary needs all the support she can get right now, as her last two movies didn't do very well. If Material Girls flops this could be the last time we see Hilary in a starring role for a while.

Tags: , ,