Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Is Hilary Still Safe for Kids?

A recent OK! Magazine article questions if Hilary Duff is too edgy now that her infamous "Scorpion Scene" has been circulated all around the internet.

The article accuses Hilary of making contradictory statements:

"And yet, only months ago, the 20-year-old star told OK!'s Red Carpet Confidential blogger Valerie Nome that she wouldn’t disappoint her young fans by crossing over to the dark side. She even admitted turning down a role playing a pregnant girl with a drug problem because it was too edgy."

“I just feel like there’s so much time for that,” she said at the time. “I think there are actresses who want to get so far away from what people thought they were like or that they can do. It’s just shocking to me because you’re still so young. When I’m 25 or 30, I want to have some place to go and something I’ve never done. Now I think I can start to challenge myself and do different things that aren’t for such a young audience, but I think it’s important not to completely abandon them.”


The thing that I find so interesting about all of this "Scorpion Scene" talk is that the scene was filmed in October / November 2006 and was featured in the first War Inc trailer that was released on March 26, 2007! I wonder why people haven't picked up on Hilary's alleged naughtiness until now?