Monday, May 16, 2011

Hilary is still Bonnie - For Now

Hilary Duff still holds the lead role for the upcoming movie The Story of Bonnie and Clyde.

Last week it was reported that Hilary had been fired from the role, but those reports apparently had jumped the gun.

Today, a story by Contact Music revealed that Hilary was emailed by the director Tonya Holly saying, "You know you're my Bonnie and of course I don't even know where this all came from and I'm so sorry..."

Hilary was quoted as saying, "So, if the movie ever gets made, I think I'm Bonnie... It's been a long time coming. With these independent movies, sometimes they never get made or sometimes they take 10 years to get made."

So it looks like Hilary is still Bonnie, for now. I would imagine that it's still possible she could be replaced because of scheduling conflicts or any other reason. It's even more possible that the movie will never be made.