Friday, May 20, 2011

Hilary talks about Music Career

Hilary Duff did another interview for the movie Bloodworth. This time she was interviewed by Izumi Hasegawa of Buzzine.

The whole interview was pretty good, but I found Hilary's comments on her music to be particularity interesting:

IH: Do you have any plans with music?


HD: I do, actually. I'm just starting to build a new team of people, and I'm going to start writing, and I think I'm going to make another record. It's been four years. I really just needed that time to take a break and reevaluate, and grow a little bit outside of being onstage and stuff. Trying to change people's perception of who I am now and accept that, I think it's the right time now, and I've got that itch.

IH: Do you want to write all your own songs, or collaborate?

HD: No, I want to collaborate. I think I'm a big believer in collaboration. I haven't done it for four years, so I'm not sure where my competence level is, of just trying to write the whole thing. If there's an amazing song that I love that's done right now, I'd sing it, or I'd love to sit down and write with people. I think it'll be a mish-mash.

IH: Are you going to do the same style of music?

HD: It's definitely going to be pop music. I'm a sucker for a catchy song and dance music -- that's my sweet spot, so I'll definitely do that.


Now, to be fair Hilary has been saying pretty much the same thing about her music career for a while now. That she is looking to restart it soon and she has the "itch" to get back into singing. So I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but it's good to see Hilary talking about music again and taking steps to start up the process.

For the whole interview, go to Buzzine.